Horse Industry Travelers
Kentucky’s equine industry had a total economic impact of almost $3 billion and generates 40,665 jobs each year, according to the 2012 Kentucky Equine Survey. Many of those jobs and economic impact come from those traveling to Lexington KY and Louisville KY who are in the Equestrian industry: thoroughbred owners or breeders, jockeys or those come to purchase, sell or show their horses at Kentucky’s annual sales and shows. Those visiting the Horse Capital of the World for business related reasons, may be staying days, weeks or months and staying in a hotel is not a viable option for a lengthy period of time, especially if their family is accompanying them.
We understand the needs of our Equine Business traveler, as they need not just well organized travel arrangements but quality, comfortable lodging or temporary housing. Many of our quality amenity-rich communities are conveniently located to the Churchill Downs, Kentucky Derby Museum Kentucky Horse Park, Red Mile Track and local horse farms and venues. We’ll match up the community to you and your family’s specific needs.
If you’re on the road for several weeks or months throughout the year for your career or business, you will see our furnished apartments are the ideal choice for the traveling guest when compared to hotel accommodations (see Hotel Rates Comparison). If you’re coming to town for an upcoming equestrian event in Lexington, KY, please call us today for a free, quick quote.
Some annual Kentucky equestrian events that bring many short and long-term visitors include:
- Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs in early May, Louisville KY
- Rolex Kentucky Three Day Event in April at the Kentucky Horse Park, Lexington KY
- Keeneland Spring Meet in April held at Keeneland Race Course
- Derby Day at Keeneland (world’s largest Derby Party) is held at Keeneland Race Course on the first Saturday in May
- Kentucky Spring Horse Show in May at the Kentucky Horse Park
- Kentucky Spring Classic in May at the Kentucky Horse Park
- Kentucky Summer Horse Show in July at the Kentucky Horse Park
- Kentucky Summer Classic in August at the Kentucky Horse Park
- USEF Pony Finals in August at the Kentucky Horse Park
- Lexington Junior League Charity Horse Show in July at Red Mile
- Bluegrass Festival Horse Show at the Kentucky Horse Park
- KHJA Horse Show in August at the Kentucky Horse Park, Lexington KY
- Keeneland Fall Meet in October at Keeneland Race Course
- CP National Horse Show in November held at Kentucky Horse Park
- Breeders Cup will be at Churchill Downs in 2018 and may return to the Kentucky Horse Park in 2019 or 2020.
A list of Horse Attractions that bring hundreds of thousands per year to visit Lexington KY and Louisville KY include:
- American Saddlebred Museum
- Bicknell Racing Stables
- Big Red Stables
- Deer Run Stables
- Hisle Park
- Horse Farm Tours of Lexington
- International Museum of the Horse
- Keeneland Race Course
- Kenridge Farm
- Kentucky Derby Museum
- Kentucky Horse Park
- Old Friends at Dream Chase Farm
- Red Mile
- Sunburst Horsemanship School
- The Thoroughbred Center
- Thoroughbred Park
- Whispering Woods Riding Stables
Lexington Relocation is the ONLY LOCALLY operated supplier in Kentucky of furnished corporate apartments for the many frequent visitors to Lexington KY, Louisville KY and equestrian venues throughout the state. We have many loyal repeat corporate travelers as well as many referrals because we offer more benefits at affordable rates along with superior service. Whether you are a serious equestrian, horse owner or breeder, a racing fan or just appreciate the beauty of horses, we understand the needs of our equestrian visitors. Lexington Relocation offers lease-free, hassle-free temporary housing at quality, convenient and amenity-rich communities that is near the horse parks, farms or attractions and yet convenient to shopping, schools, Lexington’s finest dining and other area attractions.
To get started with a free, easy quote, please fill out the Contact Us form or call us at 877-539-7356.
*To learn more or to get started, fill out our Temporary Housing Request Form.