Welcome Visitors to the Kentucky Horse Park
The Kentucky Horse Park, located in Lexington KY is a working horse farm with an educational theme that opened to the public in 1978 and with over 800,000 visitors each year. The equestrian facility is a 1,224-acre park dedicated to “man’s relationship with the horse.” Open to the public, the park has a twice daily Horses of the World Show, showcasing both common and rare horses from around the globe. The horses are ridden in authentic costume. Each year the park is host to a number of special events and horse shows in the Alltech Arena and the Rolex Stadium. Additionally, the park contains the International Museum of the Horse, a Smithsonian Affiliate, which has a permanent collection of horse history and memorabilia.
If you’re planning a visit and would like to purchase tickets to the park, various shows and events, maps and information on concessions, click the link for Park Info and Resources.
Here is the Summer 2017 Schedule for the Kentucky Horse Park:
- High Hope Steeplechase: May 21, 2017
- Memorial Day Campout: May 21, 2017
- MayDaze Horse Trials: May 26, 2017
- KDA Spring Warm-Up & Annual Dressage Show: May 26-28, 2017
- Kentucky Horse Park Run/Walk Club: Mondays from June 5 to September 25th
- Spring Fling Carriage Drive: June 1-4, 2017
- Festival of the Bluegrass: June 8-11, 2017
- Youth Riding Camp Summer Break: June 12-16, 2017
- Lexington Rodeo: June 16-17, 2017
- MidSouth Pony Club Rally and Horse Trials: June 21-25, 2017
- Region XIV Silverama Horse Show: June 28-July 2, 2017
- 4th of July Campout (Campers Only): June 28-July 2, 2017
- CAA Carriage Festival: June 30-July 2, 2017
- Cross Country Schooling: July 1, 2017
- Extreme Mustang Makeover: July 6-8, 2017
- Robert Murphy Hunter Jumper Show: July 6-9, 2017
- Kentucky Summer Horse Show: July 7-9, 26-30, 2017
- KDA Summer Classic, Breed Show & National Dressage Pony Cup: July 7-9, 2017
- Champagne Run Horse Trials: July 14-16, 2017
- USPC Festival 2017: July 17-24, 2017
- BreyerFest: July 14-16, 2017
- Hagyard Lexington Classic Grand Prix: July 27, 2017
- Rood & Riddle Grand Prix: July 29
Don’t miss the Man O’ War Celebration: March 29 through November 1, 2017. This year marks the 100th anniversary of history’s most famous racehorse, the one and only Man o’ War. To celebrate his 100th anniversary, the Kentucky Horse Park is creating a year-long Man o’ War celebration.
- To see the full calendar of events, visit Kentucky Horse Parks Events.
Bring the kids as all ages will enjoy all the attractions, including the Hall of Champions, the Parade of Breeds Show, Big Barn – Draft Horse Hub, Walking Barn Tour and Park Memorials and Statues. No matter what you want to do or see in the equine world, we have what you’re looking for!
Quality & Affordable Lodging when Visiting the Kentucky Horse Park
Where should you stay in Lexington KY, especially for visitors to the Kentucky Horse Park? There are many options, but might we suggest staying with us at Lexington Relocation? There are many reasons why you should choose to stay with us rather than a hotel. We are locally owned and operated with our headquarters being located in Lexington. We offer a stay in a place with all the features of your own home that is more fairly priced than our competition, and we understand the needs of those that are traveling for work or pleasure and offer some amazing amenities:
1. We guarantee availability regardless of the length of your stay. If you are in town as a jockey, owner, breeder, jumper, groomer or just in the area to enjoy all that the Kentucky Horse Park has to offer, then we have exactly what you need.
2. Our apartments and townhomes have a “home-like” feel and are fully equipped with everything you would need, including a private kitchen to prepare a home cooked meal and a washer and dryer to clean your clothes after a day at the horse track or stables. You just cannot get amenities like these at a hotel. And we offer so much more! For a list of other amenities, read a recent blog posted on our website.
3. Cost Savings over a Hotel stay. As mentioned before, the cost savings that we provide is just a fraction of the cost of a hotel room. Take a look at the Hotel Rates Comparison to see for yourself how much we can save you money while providing all the luxuries of a hotel with much more privacy.
4. Comfort & Amenities for the whole family. Whether you’re single, a married couple or an entire family, we have exactly what you need. Our communities are safe and provide access to swimming pools, fitness and business centers and some even offer playgrounds, walking trails, dog parks, automobile cleaning stations and dog grooming stations and so much more.
5. There is also flexibility in size and layout as we offer 1-3 bedroom units to fit your needs with no set furniture layout. We can arrange rooms to meet our guest’s needs. Upon request, we could even turn a bedroom into a fully functioning office area with a desk and chair and whatever else you would need to get your work done.
If you’re planning a trip to visit the Bluegrass this Summer, let Lexington Relocation help make your stay more convenient, comfortable and enjoyable. To book your temporary furnished housing, please call us at 859-273-3303 or fill out this Housing Request Form and we will contact you with the perfect apartment or townhome to perfectly fit your needs. We look forward to hearing from you!!